Saturday, February 14, 2009

Monarchy mixes edgy with classic euro at NYFW

Its been a day of great shoes so far. And what better way to cap Day 2 of New York Fashion Week but to see Monarchy's much anticipated FW09 collection. Led by Chief Designer, Eric Kim, Monarchy continues to blow my mind with the creativity and originality of their pieces. The category they're in is fairly saturated with the same designs from brands like Diesel, G-Star and Sixty. And to survive in this business, Monarchy sets itself apart by integrating a variety of pieces and fabrics in a way that no one else can. Fashion forward. Eclectic. Euro Rock. Edgy. Equestrian. Raw. Classic. These are some of the terms I would use to describe this season's line. Motorcycle jackets with high necks. Leather coats with built in hoods. Three piece separates. Military inspired pea coats. As much as I wished I had every piece in my closet, here are my top picks.

Three piece suit seperates, with the bowler hat, and riding boots.



















Motorcyle Riding Jacket with a Zip Up High Neck

















Military Inspired Coat with the Cross Stitching Detail


















I loved each and every piece in the line and can't wait to see them at the following stores in the United States:










Images by Dan Lecca for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week FW 2009.

No comments: